The successful applicant shall perform but not limited to coordinating project implementation, monitoring project plans, schedules, budgets and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholders’ meetings and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. The successful applicant will report to directly to the Head of Programmes.
Summary of Roles
- Developing in-depth understanding of project scope and particulars i.e. timeframes, financials, and outcomes.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Coordinate the activities of members of the project implementation team, including external members
- Engage and persuade external actors to commit to project objectives and activities
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Determine project changes and develop strategies for the changes required
- Communicate timeline changes and new information to various groups; track project changes and adjust schedules as needed
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for the project
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Ensure stakeholders views are managed toward the best solution
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Providing information and regular support to stakeholders
- Be the point of contact for various working groups and ensure resources and equipment are always available
- Responsible for writing activity reports, donor reports and any other essential project documentation
- Lead project implementation, and ensure timely completion and reporting on project deliverables
- Engage fully as a member of GACC staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other GACC events and providing the necessary support to other team members as needed.
Position Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree will be an advantage
- At least a minimum of three (3) years experience in related field (essential)
- Experience in a non-government organization or related (desirable)
- Experience in governance or anti-corruption projects (desirable)
- Ability to engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on project and communicate results (essential)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team (essential)
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects (essential)
- Ability to produce quality work with tight deadlines (essential)
- Excellent in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) (essential)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (essential)
- Persuasive and interpersonal skills (essential)
- High levels of integrity and ethics (essential)
Females are encouraged to apply.